"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Port is Out

My surgery went well this morning and my port is out. The surgery took a whole 9 minutes including prep time. It was interesting how it went. They brought me directly from the main lobby into the operating room. I took off my shirt, put on a hair net and got on the operating table with no special gown. They did cover me up in all kinds of blankets and had a special screen over my head so I couldn’t see what was happening. The doc came in, poked, cut and sewed, and I was done in a few minutes. I could feel a sharp pinch from the needle going into my skin when the doc was sewing me up. I told them that after I was done and they said I should have said something early and they would have numbed me up better. Man, sometimes trying to be a tough guy just doesn’t pay off. It feels great to touch my chest and not feel a hard foreign object poking out.

2 comments:

  1. God Bless you chemo-man! I was 38 and the mother to two little kids when I was diagnosed with advanced follicular lymphoma this year. I am doing chemo (R-CVP) and living like nothing has happened most of the time. R-CHOP is something that has scared me as a future prospect - they wanted to change me to it last month and I said no. If it happens you will be my role model. I reckon with exercise, busyness, fun and Mabthera we will live to a ripe old age!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mother of 38 with two kids, how are you doing? How's your exercise going?

    Chemo-Man

    ReplyDelete