"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Squeaky Clean PET Scan

Today my oncologist went over the results of my PET scan that was done Wednesday. It showed absolutely nothing, it was squeaky clean. My oncologist was so impressed with my progress I get to have my port-a-cath removed next week. The port-a-cath is a catheter that has been surgically implanted in my chest to allow chemo drugs to have direct access to my heart. Every month I have to go to the cancer center to have the port flushed out. Having it removed means less trips to the cancer center. As much as I love the people there, I prefer to be somewhere else. My PET scans and oncologist visits are now going to be 3 months apart rather than 2. About a week before each scan I get a little anxiety. Having that less often will also be nice.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chemo Man

    I just wanted to pop along and say thanks for your interest and words of encoouragement to my mate Rich aka Mr Baldy Lymphoma.

    The last comment on his site. You called him inspirational. Well, you are too!!

    Nice work, and keep on running!

    ReplyDelete