"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Monday, September 8, 2008

A Tough 13 Miles

The good news is that I’m back running and my tendonitis seems to be gone. However, after two and half weeks of virtually no running, my legs are no longer in top condition. My 13 mile run yesterday did go fairly well with a good time at 2 hours and 1 minute, which puts me on close pace to a 4 hour marathon. But my legs got pretty sore and stiff afterwards, much more than I expected. There’s no way I could run much farther at that speed without some serious pain or injury. Alright, I admit it, I have been secretly holding on to the goal of finishing under 4 hours at the TC marathon. That’s why I pushed yesterday’s run so hard. But now I fully realize this year is just not going to be that year. It’s not that I’m quitting. It’s going to be challenging enough just to make it to the TC marathon injury free and in good enough shape to complete it without lots of pain. I’ll be very happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment