"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Friday, September 5, 2008

Just what the doctor ordered – work!

I finally discovered the best thing for healing tendonitis – go to work. I’ve been on vacation the last two weeks and until Tuesday I’ve been working on house projects which involve being on my feet all day and standing on step ladders. That was too much activity for my tendonitis; what I needed was some serious rest. Going to work was just the ticket. At my job I sit on my butt all day, either talking on the phone or working on my laptop. Just three days of that was enough to completely heal my tendonitis. Yesterday after work I went for a 6 mile run and felt no pain. This weekend I’ll go for a 12 mile run, then next weekend for a 20 mile run. After that I should start my taper down, but I’m considering squeezing in one more 20 mile run with an abbreviated taper down. All the running websites I’ve been to recommend that you always do a full 3 week taper down, but the way I see it is that I’ll have a 4 week taper down split into two parts with a taper up in the middle. We’ll see how it works. Sometimes you have to challenge authority; that’s how new things are discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment