"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Sunday, August 10, 2008

TC Marathon Training

My training for the Twin Cities marathon started out sporadic. There was the 4th of July holiday with a big party at our house that required a lot of preparation, then a week long business trip to Phoenix, which as very hot for running. I’m also trying not to let my training impact family life. My plan was to run only on week days. Since I’m still a working stiff, I need to start very early in the morning, 5:30AM for my short runs and 4:00 to 4:30 AM for my long runs. I haven’t been able to exactly stick to that plan. So far my long runs have been on the weekends, but I do get started very early to finish before the rest of my family is ready for breakfast. This week I have a PET scan to see if the positive results from the previous scan was just a false alarm or not. I’ll have to take a break from running for a couple of days because I cannot do anything strenuous 24 hours before the PET scan. I plan to celebrate a good PET scan result with a 20 mile run Saturday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment