"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Saturday, August 16, 2008

BWCA

I’m taking my family to the Minnesota Boundary Waters Canoe Area (BWCA) next week. The BWCA is about 1.3 million acres of wilderness that is set aside to protect its primitive character. There are about 15 hiking trails and about 2000 designated campsites. Most of the campsites can only be reached by canoe. During the six days in the wilderness we’ll traverse dozens of lakes connected by portage trails. I’ve been to the BWCA three times, twice in the winter traveling by snowshoe and once in the summer with my oldest brother. My brother and his wife will be going with us, which is good because they are seasoned BWCA experts. Well I better get out the door to do my run; it’s getting to be kind of a late start.

No comments:

Post a Comment