"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Plan B Stupid; Plan C: Listen to Wife

Well plan B was really stupid. I found some new muscles riding bicycle yesterday. I don’t need sore muscles for the marathon. So I listened to my wife and saw a podiatrist yesterday. X-rays show no stress fractures. My problem is tendonitis, inflammation of the @#$%## tendon. I love my podiatrist. Rather than saying I had to stop running and rest my foot, his approach is to treat the foot in a way that will allow me to run Grandma’s. So I got a tape wrap that immobilizes the tendon. I also got shoe heal inserts that should help. I need to wear shoes around the house and socks to bed so I don't start walking on cold feet first thing in the morning. I can start running again on Thursday, but my foot already feels much better. The shoe inserts feel really strange; I’m not sure I’ll be able to run in them. I’ll give them a try on Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment