"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Monday, June 16, 2008

I am Ready

Plan C is working. I ran 6 miles on Saturday and a fast 8 miles on Sunday with absolutely no foot pain. My left ankle is still a little weak, but is improving. I need to stay injury free for the rest of the week, so from now on only easy 3-mile runs to stay loose. I’ve decided to race with the shoe inserts that I got from my podiatrist. They felt good on the 8 mile run and provide extra cushion from the impact of running. The extra cushion may make a big difference when running 26.2 miles on hard asphalt.

After about a half a year of training, two-thirds of that during chemo-therapy, 704 miles of running, 425 miles during chemo-therapy, I am now ready to run Grandma’s marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment