"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Minor Setback

Last Sunday I was planning an outdoor 16 mile run but instead caught the flu. I opted not to run and get plenty of rest before my Chemo treatment on Wednesday. The chemo combined with some residual flu was not a good mix. I was able to muster up 4 miles on Friday, but probably shouldn’t have. I decided to rest and not run until the flu symptoms are gone. Today things appear to be turning around for the better. I may be running again by Monday or Tuesday. Having setbacks in 18 to 22 weeks of marathon training is common. This one is minor compared to what I have experienced before with leg and back injuries. Fortunately I’ve been way ahead in my training program and have plenty of time to catch up.

1 comment: