"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Chemo-Man Back to Running

It took a full two weeks for me to get over the stomach flu. I could only muster up 3 miles last week. But I’m feeling very good this week and the running has gone well. I have accumulated 32 miles already this week and tomorrow plan to top it off with a 12 mile run. Last Wednesday I had a PET scan. Comparing the recent scan to one I took before starting chemo will show how the chemo treatments are reducing my tumor. I’ll find out the results next Tuesday. Next Wednesday will be my fifth chemo treatment. This one should go much better than the fourth because I don’t have the stomach flu and I’ll be hitting the chemo treatment running, literally. On previous chemo treatment days I did not run. For this one I plan to run in the morning before going to treatment. When I run in the morning the rest of my day is always better. We’ll see how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment