"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Monday, February 4, 2008

Good News from Chemo-Man

Good news, this last week my white blood count came in well within normal range. Apparently the Neulasta shot has finally kicked in. Now I don’t have to keep myself isolated from people. Look out movie theaters, here I come. My stomach is doing much better now that I’ve stop eating apples. I’ve read that pears have similar antioxidants for fighting cancer and they don’t seem to upset my stomach. However, someone suggested cantaloupe, which I looked into. It turns out cantaloupe has something that may make it much better than apples and pears. Cantaloupe has nutrients that make it anti-inflammatory, whereas apples and pears are mildly inflammatory. (See link in my blog to NutrtionData.com, a great website for nutritional data). Recent research has shown that cancer and other diseases thrive with inflammation. Big thanks to whoever suggested cantaloupe.

I met all my running goals for this last week. My plan is to decrease my speed in favor for distance if the chemo starts slowing me down, but so far the chemo treatment has not slowed down my running. Each week I have been able to increase both my distance and speed. This coming Wednesday will be my third chemo treatment.

No comments:

Post a Comment