"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Nothing but Spectacular

A couple of weeks ago I got the results from my year-3 PET scan and blood tests. In my oncologist words the results were, “nothing but spectacular”. This was very good news indeed. I was really worried about this PET scan. About a month before my scan, I started feeling some discomfort in my groin area where a tumor was removed. I’ve had these feelings of discomfort before due to my hernia surgery, but this time the feelings were different. So I started to worry about it. It didn’t keep me up at night, but I did spend some time worrying about it. It was time wasted. Over and over again I learn the lesson: don’t waste time worrying about problems until you know they actually exist.

If you are facing a similar situation try not to worry about it until you know a serious problem exists. Have faith in yourself that you will properly deal with it if it does occur and meanwhile, live a happy life.

No comments:

Post a Comment