"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Friday, August 28, 2009

Le Sueur Giant's Valley 5K Run

My wife and I recently ran in the Le Sueur Giant’s Valley 5K run. I mostly grew up in Le Sueur, which is a little town on the Minnesota River. Remember those TV commercials with the jingle, "From the valley of the Jolly (ho, ho, ho) Green Giant!". Well, there really is a valley where the company was founded and as you enter the valley going south on highway 169 you’ll see an enormous billboard of the Green Giant. The company no longer has operations there but the spirit of the Green Giant still lives on. The 5K run is part of the annual Giant Celebration. I had a very good race with a time of 23:59 and finished 3rd in my age group (50 -54). OK, maybe there were only six males in my age group and half of them were using walkers, but I still feel pretty good with my results.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chemo man
    Glad to see you are still fighting fit - and you are getting your wife into running as well. When is the next marathon. My training for the NY Marathon is not as good as it should be but better than when on chemo....
    All the best
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tasgirl,
    I need to take a break from marathons to focus on some family things. I would like to run Grandma’s again, but my oldest son is graduating from high school just before the race, so I’ll need to focus on getting ready for his graduation party. I do have the NY Marathon in my sights for next year. That one has good timing since peak training will be mostly after the summer vacation. However, I am enjoying the shorter races.
    Good Luck in NY,
    Lee

    ReplyDelete