"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle

Sunday, May 25, 2008

23.2 Miles and I Can Still Walk

My 23.2 mile long run went very well yesterday. I really noticed the difference in proper preparation and technique. I started out slightly slower than my last 20 mile run, which didn't go so well. I also brought some energy gel packs. I was able to complete the 23.2 miles without walking and at an average pace of just under 10 minutes per mile. For about 30 minutes after the run my legs did pulsate in pain. My wife thinks I'm crazy. "What is the fun in that", she says. Sometimes I wonder. It took about an hour to recover, but I was able to walk pretty normal the rest of the day. One more 23 mile run next weekend then I'll be ready for Grandma's and will start my taper down.

No comments:

Post a Comment